Offering your audience a free worksheet or workbook as a lead magnet is undoubtedly a good idea. People like answering questions, recording stats, and just generally getting clarity. And a worksheet is the perfect tool for that. But while some people love to print out worksheets and hand write their answers, others prefer to type their responses directly in the pdf.
Unfortunately when you design a pdf worksheet, they aren’t fillable by default. You have to create the fields yourself. One of the most common ways to do so is with Adobe Acrobat. But if you don’t have a Creative Cloud subscription or don’t want to shell out the cash for a program you’d rarely use, you’re in luck! Thanks to a awesome, free website called PDF Escape, you can turn your pdfs into fillable worksheets in minutes.
Watch the video below to find out how to create fillable pdf worksheets for free. Or scroll down for text instructions.
How to create fillable pdf worksheets:
1. Visit pdfescape.com and upload your pdf file.
2. In the left sidebar, select the Form Field button. In the window that pops up, select the type of field you want to use (text, text paragraph, checkbox, radio, etc).
3. With your mouse, click and drag to add your fields. Do that for each field.
4. When all of your fields have been added, click the green save and download pdf button in the left sidebar.
5. Your pdf is now fillable! Open it up to test it out.